Sucking a thumb is the behavior found in many children from a very runny age. Reasons can vary from hunger, comfort, pleasure and security. Many surpass this habit in a short time, while for other parents need to provide assistance to get out of this habit. Let the child continue to suck the thumb giving rise to dental problems, which is why it should be stopped. You can find thumb sucking guard via https://www.amazon.com.au/Age-2-7-STOP-Thumb-Sucking/dp/B00VQU2DZS
Here are some ways in which parents can help children overcome thumb sucking:
1. Awareness – let him know the impact on their teeth and it is also not good social behavior. This will make them realize that he has spoiled something that is not true.
2. Get thumb keepers – thumb guards are simple gloves that only protect the thumb and prevent children from sucking them. Encourage children to wear thumbs up until the habit of stopping.
3. Attention – often seen that children who really need attention and suck the thumb into a habit. Give the child more attention and finally the child will get rid of the habit.
4. Prize children – appreciate and appreciate children when he doesn't suck the thumb can be a motivational factor for children to stop sucking thumbs up.
5. Disorders – Sucking a thumb is a subconscious behavior and therefore the child does not realize that he sucks the thumb. Divert the attention of children when you pay attention to the thumb suck by giving them activities that use both hands.
6. Apply bitter liquid / acid flavor – Applying a child finger with vinegar / oil Neem will help children get rid of the habit of sucking thumbs up. Since the child sucks thumbs unconsciously, it will help children realize that it doesn't have to be done. However, don't forcibly apply the liquid to your child's thumb and tell them that it is to help him get rid of the habit.
7. Pressure of peers – Make your child play with other children who don't suck their fingers will help children get out of this habit. The peer pressure is a strong motivational factor, which can help you help children.